Parenting is a roller coaster. Some days are easy and fun and we can just throw our hands up in the air and enjoy the ride. Other days we are holding on for dear life with a feeling of anxiety and dread, not sure where this ride will take us next. This is totally normal- life is a series of up and downs!
But if you are experiencing way more difficult days than successful ones, it is very possible that your child may have an undiagnosed processing or sensory issue.
Does your child…
- Have difficulty focusing on a task/is easily distracted
- Acts without thinking
- Has trouble being still
- Experiences difficulty getting along with peers
- Is impatient, impulsive and/or lacking in self control
- Not hear what people say
- “Tune out” others frequently
- Act overly or under-reactive to touch, movement, sights and/or sound
- Possess an activity level that is unusually high or unusually low
- Demonstrate physical clumsiness or apparent carelessness
- Have difficulty making transitions from one situation to another
- Not have the ability to unwind or calm self
If this sounds like your child or someone you know, let’s connect. We are experts on how to help YOUR child. Give us a call to set up a free consultation either in person or on Zoom today and we will get you on the path to enjoying this beautiful ride through life with your child, rather than living in fear of what tomorrow may bring. We can’t wait to chat!